Birthday Party FAQs
Thank you for considering scienceSeeds to host your child’s party. We would love to make your day stress free, fun, and exciting! Below are answers to some of your most frequently asked party questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What Birthday options do you offer?Our birthday party packages are Junior, Silver, and Gold. Click here to view a description of our packages and what they include.
- Can I bring food to my party?You are welcome to bring any food and beverage to the event. Please note that we are a NUT FREE environment. If you are in need of catering suggestions, contact us.
- What happens if my guests are running late?We usually allow the first five to ten minutes of the party for guests to arrive. Our birthday party projects are designed to be completed within the time frame of the party--late guests will be able to catch up and take home their project. Please note that we cannot extend your scheduled party time, as we often run back to back events. In the event that you would like to extend your party's end time and we have the ability to accommodate your request, there will be an additional fee added to your balance.
- When does scienceSeeds need a final head count?Our Junior Package allows for up to 10 guests, while the Silver and Gold Packages allow for up to 12. If you’ve decided to invite a higher number of guests, let us know while booking your party so we can adjust your balance accordingly. We ask for a final head count 5 business days prior to the event. Please note that in the event there are more than 18 guests invited (must be disclosed a minimum of 5 business day prior to the event) to your party there will be additional staffing fee.
- Who will be running my child’s party?One of our experienced staff members will be running the demonstration and activity. If you have any questions or concerns during the party, feel free to talk to them. They are there to assist you with set up and clean up as well. All of our staff members are well trained, and have a passion for introducing children to science in a fun and exciting environment.
- What party theme/project should I choose?We offer a variety of projects for children of all ages and interests. Electric Science, Chemistry, Engineering, and Maker parties are just a few of our options. Visit our Party Packages page for a list of possible themes. If you are having trouble selecting a project do not hesitate to contact us for suggestions.
- What is the maximum number of guests you can accommodate?Our space can accommodate up to 24 guests. Our Junior Package pricing allows for up to 10 guests, while the Silver and Gold Packages allow for up to 12. If you've decided to invite a higher number of guests than your package includes, let us know while booking your party so we can adjust your balance accordingly. There is an additional staffing fee for more than 18 guests.
- How is my balance determined?Your balance is generally the remainder of the party package that has yet to be paid, plus any additional guests or add-on options you purchased. If you have booked a party that has more than 18 guests and a smaller number attended, we will still have to charge the additional staffing fee. Please note that in the event our space is still occupied more than 15 minutes after the end time of the party, we will automatically add an "Extra Time" Add-On to the balance.
- How do I pay my deposit and balance?After discussing the details of the party and fixing a date, you will be sent a deposit invoice to be paid online. You can also drop off a check at our office or mail us your payment. Your party will be confirmed only upon receiving payment. The balance will be due at the conclusion of the party. The balance is generally the remainder of the party package that has yet to be paid, plus any additional guests or add-on options you purchased. Please note that in the event our space is still occupied more than 15 minutes after the end time of the party, we will automatically add an “Extra Time” Add On to the balance.
- What if I need to reschedule or cancel my event?Pending availability you are welcome to reschedule your party if we receive notice 2 weeks prior to the originally scheduled date, for a $50.00 administrative fee. If your child falls ill on the day of his or her party please contact us as soon as possible. We do our best to accommodate our families and will work with you to reschedule your event. However, your party deposit is non refundable and cannot be transferred to another scienceSeeds event. Please give us a call if you have questions about canceling your party.
- How much time is there for set up and clean up?We typically ask that the birthday family arrive at our office no more than 15 minutes prior to the party. We allow 15 minutes after the end time of the party to pack up anything you brought with you, which our staff members are always on hand to assist with. Please note that in the event our space is occupied for longer than 15 minutes after the end time of the party, an additional time increment will be added to your balance. If you feel you need more time before or after the party, we offer 30 minute increments of additional party time as an add on.
- Do parents need to stay during the party?We do not require parents of guests to stay at our facility during the party. If they do wish to stay, they are very welcome to stay in a small separate room during the party. While we can provide you with tables and chairs for parents, please keep in mind that our package-included paper products are for the children only.
- What should I bring to the party?scienceSeeds supplies paper products for the children guests of the birthday party (plates, napkins, tablecloths, cups) and simple decorations. If you believe that parents will be staying and would like to offer them food/drink, we ask that you bring your own paper products. Our separate parents' room allows a maximum of 15 people, so please keep that in mind as you plan your party. Note that we do not provide food, cake, or beverages. If you are in need of catering suggestions, contact us.
- How long will you hold my reservation?We can hold your date and time for up to 5 business days, but your party will only be confirmed once we receive your deposit. If during the 5 business days we receive another request for a party on the same date and time, we will contact you and ask for an immediate deposit. If we do not receive payment within 24 hours, we will offer the date and time slot to another party.
- What steps do I need to follow to book a scienceSeeds birthday party?To book a party:
- Select a party package and theme.
- Contact our party specialist to reserve a date and time for your party
- Send us a $150.00 non-refundable deposit to secure your reservation. We will send you an invoice that can be paid online. Your party is confirmed only when your deposit is received.