Calling all Builders, budding civil engineers and architects. Learn to think like an engineer as you design structures serving different shapes and purposes. Discover what forces come into play when we build tall buildings or design wide spans or engineer roller coasters. Experiment with such diverse building materials as paper, straws, wood and even spaghetti. Students will learn to identify different bridge designs and construction materials used in modern day engineering. They will work both individually and in teams to create structures which will be tested to see how well they survive under different natural conditions.
- Designing paper roller coasters
- Solving STEM challenges - building houses that can withstand hurricanes, extreme temperature
- Learning about building materials
- Designing a solar home
- Mixing concrete
- Projects will depend on the age of the participants.
- Camp hours are 9:00am-3:30pm
- We offer early drop-off and late pickup (you can sign up at registration)