Code of Conduct
At scienceSeeds we strive to create a safe, inviting, educationally fun and nurturing environment for your children. Behavior that threatens the well being of your child and/or other children and that represents physical danger to your child or others is deemed “unacceptable behavior”. Unacceptable behavior includes but is not limited to:
- Physical abuse (includes hitting, punching, kicking, etc.)
- Refusing to follow directions or listen to counselors
- Destruction of property
- Behavior is deemed to be risky to your child and those around him/her
We reserve the right to determine how best to deal with disruptive behavior. Actions on our end may involve but are not limited to giving a child a time out, asking a parent to come in to discuss the behavior, dismissing your camper early, asking a child to skip a day of camp, and dismissal from camp. In cases of disruptive behavior no refunds shall be given. We do not tolerate bullying in any form.
We do not offer refunds for one day workshops, classes or one day mini-camps. If you have registered for a session and need to cancel your registration we will only offer you a refund (less a $25.00 admin fee) if we can fill the space off of our waiting list.
Summer Camp Refund and Payment Policy
All orders are processed in order in which they are received. Your spot is reserved upon payment. Fees are fully refundable (less a $50 non refundable registration deposit assessed per camp registration) up to 6 weeks prior to opening day of camp. You may email us your refund request and our response (within 24 hours) will be confirmation of receipt of your email. If you do not hear from us then we have not received your request. All postmarked requests (prior to the cut off date) will be honored.
- Emergencies: If you have a medical or family emergency and are unable to attend camp please contact us as soon as possible. We will do our best to accommodate you, however refunds are at the discretion of the camp.
- Last minute cancellations: If and only if we have a waiting list and can fill your spot, will we refund camp less a $75.00 processing fee per registration.
- Switching camps is subject to an administrative fee of $45.00 plus any additional fees due to a difference in tuition between the two camps. “Switches” must be made no later than two weeks before the original camp, and two weeks prior to the desired “switch” camp. Switches can only be made from one summer camp into another space permitting.
- Refunds will not be given if:
- A child is sent home due to behavioral issues (see scienceSeeds Code of Conduct).
- A camper decides to drop out of the program or leaves early/before the end of camp.
- Your child is sick and either stayed home from, or was sent home from camp due to fever or other ailments.
Medical Reason for Cancellation
We realize that children can suddenly get sick just as you are ready to come to camp or to a workshop. Please email [email protected] to inform us of your need to cancel. We will ask you to submit a written excuse from your child’s physician. If your child is sick we will work with you and do our best to switch you to a program that occurs at a later date (subject to availability and a processing fee).
Allergies and Medications
scienceSeeds is a NUT FREE facility. Any food allergies your child has should be listed on your completed medical form. All allergies are written on instructor’s rosters and accommodated accordingly. If your child may ever require an EpiPen, you may leave it with the instructor.